About Us

Scoil Naomh Colmcille is located about 8km north of Tullamore on the Kilbeggan road. The school is named after St. Colmcille who founded a monastery in the Durrow area in 556 a.d. Our present school was built in 1945 replacing an earlier school built in 1880. Over the years our school has been developed and now we have a lovely, bright school building with interactive whiteboards in all classrooms and a fabulous all-weather play area at the back.